Today we announce a big step for Incisive Health. We have been acquired by UDG Healthcare plc, a FTSE 250 leading international healthcare services provider employing 9,000 people across 26 countries and owners of Ashfield Healthcare Communications, a network of multi-award winning agencies.
We are making the move for three reasons. Firstly, health policy is of increasing strategic importance to our clients as part of their communications and marketing mix. Clients are therefore asking us to provide a wider range of services over an increasing number of geographies. We want to deepen and not dilute our focus on health. Ashfield’s network enables us to do this, delivering compelling creative health communications, rooted in deep scientific and behavioural insights. We are convinced that together we will be a winning combination.
Secondly, we want to create opportunities for our team to collaborate with like-minded experts in other health communications disciplines on common problems. Being part of Ashfield will enable us all to broaden our horizons, gain new perspectives and apply our skills to a bigger canvas.
Thirdly, the team at Ashfield are excellent at what they do and also very nice people! Having got to know the leadership team, it is clear that there is a good cultural fit. They share our passion for health, have a collaborative spirit and pride themselves on delivering the results that matter. We’re looking forward to getting to know them even better.
We have always been ambitious for our team, our clients and for patients and today this ambition burns more brightly than ever. When we launched in Incisive Health in 2013, we made a promise to our clients – current and future:
- We will immerse ourselves in your business and brands but never lose sight of the bigger picture.We understand health, but we also make sure we understand your goals. We will combine an understanding of your ambitions, values and culture with a deep knowledge of your sector
- We will tell you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.Health is specialist and so are we. We’re in touch with what’s going on, understand why it is happening, know what might happen next and we’ll tell you, honestly, what this means for you (and what it doesn’t)
- We will bring you solutions, not problems.Our job is to make your life easier and your job more successful. When we identify challenges, we’ll develop strategies to overcome them
- We will add value, not incur hours.Too much of communications is about going through the motions; doing what has always been done because it has always been done. We will focus on what really matters to you, not what will incur hours for us
- We will focus on big strategy and detailed execution. Programmes flounder because either the strategy is wrong or the implementation is poor, so it is important to get both right. We’ll do just that
This promise is as important to us today as it was then. As part of the deal, we have all made a long-term commitment to Incisive Health and to UDG Healthcare and Ashfield. We can’t wait to get started on the next chapter.
Sarah, Bill and Mike